Thursday, December 22, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS and A WONDERFUL 2017!

Merry Christmas all you Theory Cornerites!!!! It's a great time of year, isn't it!?

Gee, it brings back memories of my childhood when my parents used to take me to the big department stores to Christmas shop.


Geez, the stores were unbelievably crowded in the final days before Christmas. Once I almost fainted from lack of oxogen...it was worth it, though!


The day after Christmas is still like that. 


This is also the season when the great Christmas movies come to TV.


Just for fun I like to act out the best roles. Here (above) I am as Bob Crachet in "The Christmas Carol."


This (above) is me as Scrooge.


Here's me (above) playing Potter from Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life."

And here I am (above) playing the Jimmy Stewart role.


Here I am (above) as Fagen, from "Oliver Twist." Okay, that's not a Christmas story but it's by Dickens and nearly every major story Dickens wrote is a Christmas story under the skin.


This is my favorite time of year, but it's also my busiest. I wish I could blog every day of the week before Christmas, but it's just not possible. I might still do a good deed by turning people on to these wonderful versions of my favorite Christmas carols. Try all three and see what you think.






Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\


4 comments:

Kelly Toon said...

Merry Christmas Uncle Eddie! What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Favorite Christmas beverage? Hope you have a great holiday and a happy new year.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Kelly: Cookie? Beverage? Hmmmm.....Let me get back to you! Merry Christmas, by the way!

Mannyr said...

Merry Christmas Uncle Eddie!
Thanks for blogging!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Manny: Thanks much! I've had a lot of fun with this blog and I hope I'll be able to keep it up when I move into new digs soon.

Kelly: Favorite Christmas cookie? That would be the soft oatmeal kind with raisins and nuts. And the Christmas beverage? That would be glogg: a mug of hot mulled wine (or apple juice) made with red wine and port and spices like cloves, cinnamon, anise, sugar, orange zest and a small hint of ginger... whole bruised raisins and blanched almonds sitting on the bottom. I found out about it at Ikea which sells a bottled version if you don't want to make it from scratch.