Tuesday, November 08, 2016

WHAT MOVING WILL BE LIKE

Soon I'll be leaving my nice little home in L.A. Gee, I'll miss it. 


I'll say goodbye to my neighbors....


...and my friends... 


....and my mistress. She's a good egg. She'll land on her feet. When we get where we're going, I'll send her some bon bons and movie magazines.


That's (above) my wife. "Let's go, Honey!"


We'll have a lot of driving to do. This is a big country!


Maybe we'll get a little tourism in along the way. 


Wow! We'll cross the Western frontier! If only the mountains and dried grass could tell stories.


The tales they would tell!


Eventually there'll come a point when we find our new town...

 
...then another where we find our new street...

...then still another, where we find our new house.
  

"Just put the baggage anywhere, Honey!"


My wife will no doubt make a project of fixing up the house. I'll put in a lot of work in, too. I'm scared to death that if she does all the decoration we'll end up with a girly house.


Sheeesh! Can you imagine living in something like that (above)? 


My wife still wants pets. She read a kids book we had around the house and now she entertains the possibility that cats can be cool and urbane. 


Cool and urbane??? A CAT? Even the fluffy ones are crazy and homicidal.  Even one cat (above) can be a pill to take care of...


...and nowadays nobody ever gets just one. 


TO BE CONTINUED.......


5 comments:

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

from Eddie: No, I'm not the insensitive guy I appear to be in this post. I'm experimenting with a literary technique that allows the narrator to act like a jerk for comic effect. It's fun to have a blog where I can out different personas. It's like sitting in front of a mirror and trying on different fake mustaches and glasses.

Stephen Worth said...

You have the ability to remain lovable!

nodnarB said...

Lol, I like these stories. It makes for a great series on here. It would be really great to see an animated series based on the Theory Corner character studies. Also, i can imagine them as their own section in a humor magazine like MAD.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Nodnar: Wow! Thanks! I never thought of that. I wonder.....

kurtwil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.