Monday, March 21, 2016

A TERRIFIC SMALL LIVING ROOM

I'm still looking for ideas I can use when I find a new house. I'm on a budget so I'll have to make a Devil's Choice: a small house with complex and interesting shapes, or a larger house with boring rooms but decent square-footage. I'd gladly take the small place if I could find something like this (above), but what are the chances of that? 

Is this living room practical? I'm not sure. The open staircase means that sound from the living room goes unimpeded up to the rooms above, and that could cause arguments. On the other hand, it's soooo cozy and artsy. I like the level changes on the floors between rooms, too.
  

I wouldn't have picked some of this furniture (above) myself but I like the color contrast. 


If I were to have a large, simplified color graphic on the wall I might choose something like this (above).


Here's (above) another room in the same house.  Once again the color and dark textures read great against white. 


Maybe I'll get lucky and find something big and cheap (above)...but I doubt it.



That's all I have to say for now. I'll end with this infinitely cool coffee table that dominates the room. I wonder where you'd find something like that? I'd probably have to make it myself.



4 comments:

Rich LaPierre said...

I don't know why a content warning always comes up for your blog. It is consistently smart, thought provoking, educational and NEVER offensive. Keep up the good work.

Oh, and you have very good taste in room designs!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Haw! Thanks a million for the compliment! Most of the people who come here are cartoon fans, like I am, and I always worry that my digressions into other areas will alienate readers. I do it anyway because it's fun.

Anonymous said...

You'll figure it out! I have checked your blog over the years here and there and wanted to say that you are absolutely hilarious Eddie! Really funny cartoonist as well of course.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Jason: Thanks!!!!