Monday, November 09, 2015

THEORY CORNER FOR TEENS


So you're twelve years old now! You're almost a teenager! Wow, I'm envious, or at least partly envious. Um...there are some troublesome parts and I thought I'd discuss them here by way of giving you a heads up. 

Well, let's see....okay, for starters... any day now you could wake up with strange bumps where you never had them before. 


I don't mean the obvious bumps. I mean.....ZITS!


Well, better zits than acne. Wait til you see what a job acne can do on you. I'm not aware that there's a cure.


At least you'll be thin. That's something.


It won't last long, though.


Then there's braces, which will make you look like a little kid again just when you thought you'd left all that behind.


Maybe you'll be lucky and just get overbite and not buck teeth teeth. On a girl overbite is  kinda cute, don't you think?


And if you're a guy, expect that 90% of your waking hours will be spent on thinking about girls. That time could be used to find a cure for cancer or to figure out how to translate the secret tablets of the Pharohs, but...naaaaaaw...it'll be for girls.  


You'll get a unibrow. I guess that's easy to take care of.


Your taste in clothes will plummet. You'll wear things you wouldn't have been caught dead in a few years ago. 


If you're a girl you'll put on make-up with a trowel.


 You and all your friends will fall in love with the local chick magnet (above). The trouble is, there's not enough chick magnets to go around.


You'll be stuck with the pathetic alternative of pasting up pictures of your favorite movie star all around your room.


Boys know girls do that so they react accordingly.


You'll develop an obsession for...no,wait, I said that already.


Wait til you see what teen angst is like. Only your closest friends will be able to stand you.


You'll develop a very harsh view of your parents.


And did I mention...oh, I did? Okay.


*************


Yikes! I forgot that Wednesday is Veteran's Day! Thanks to all the brave soldiers of the past who made it possible for me have a blog where I can be myself and say what I like.


4 comments:

J Scribbles said...

Puberty destroys you!

Anonymous said...

I see a lot of fat teenagers now. I was a fat teenager.

kurtwil said...

Don't forget the teenager's implanted-in-hand cellphone!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Johnnes, Anon, Kurt: Thanks!