Friday, May 08, 2015

MORE EDDIE CARICATURES

Here's more sketches that other artists did of me, starting with one above by John K. The man's incredible! He's always trying new techniques!


Bruce did this one (above). That's me in the middle. His Kent Butterworth on the extreme left is definitive and so is his Art Vitello. That's Art holding the cup of coffee.

Also in the picture: Rich Aarons, Ken Boyer, Girard Baldwin and Art Leonardi.


 What's going on here (above)? It's a John caricature, that's obvious. It looks like an Arab cab driver, or rather a camel driver, is taking me to L.A. while I count money for some reason. I have no idea what prompted this.

How do you like the camel driver's socks and sock garters?


Here's (above) how I draw myself: suave and slim with lots of hair. It's a lie I know, but I can't see myself any other way. 

  
Haw! Nobody else draws me as suave. I don't see how they can fail to see it. Above, an anonymous unsuave sketch of me geeking out over Chaplin. 


This one (above) was done by my daughter in McDonald's. She sees me as having an  immense stone face which is home to colonies of bacteria and scabs. Yikes!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughter really has a lot of talent. I can see where she got it from. ;)

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: She did have a lot of talent but one day she compared what she drew to something professional she saw in a magazine and was completely and permanently (so far) discouraged. I wonder how that could have been avoided?

zillustration said...

It's odd, Eddie. A big part of my masters in illustration program stressed "do what you do, don't compare yourself to others" -- it seems like a common, if not permanent mindset for artists. we're always looking over and seeing someone else drawing circles around us.... literally.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Z: True enough. We're in an industry where what we do has to be useful to others, but we still have to seek out a unique expression.