Saturday, November 01, 2014

ANOTHER HALLOWEEN BITES THE DUST

Wow! What a year! I might have had the most kids ever at the door. Princesses, Ninja Turtles, Minnie Mouses, witches and skull monsters...all were there.


I wonder how many overate when they got home.


Actually, I almost collapsed from a sugar high because I couldn't help eating what I was passing out. I ate the stuff all night.


It's a terrible feeling to get sick from candy. You realize there's nothing for it but to let it run itself out...painfully slow.


The next day I took down the porch decorations. Most of mine were paper and handmade and I got some positive comments on them, mostly from art students and parents. Little kids are too greedy to pay attention to anything but the level of chocolate in the bag.


Oh! I almost forgot.....before the last embers of Halloween die out I want to re-publish one of the alltime great Halloween photos, called "Pumpkin Queen." It's co-designed by our own Joel Binkerhoff and has been a kind of lucky charm for this site since he sent it to me a few years ago. I can't believe the picture hasn't made Joel and his partner rich by now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a wonderful Halloween Eddie. I didn't really do anything myself but maybe next year.

I also hope you still do a post on the topic I brought up the other day in the future. Next time I see someone try to make such claims, I can just show them your post and use that to strengthen my argument there if you don't mind that at all.

Mantan Calaveras said...

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a candy binge.