Thursday, September 04, 2014

HALLOWEEN MASKS 2014

It's HALLOWEEN season...well sort of...I'm getting an early start. Once again Theory Corner is poking around, trying to locate the best masks for its readers. I'll open with one you probably saw on the shelf last year. You'd have had to buy a whole costume to get it but the discount stores were selling them cheap.  


Here's (above) one I've only seen on the internet: a cartoony Indian mask...or is it a Flapper? I can't tell.


How about a TV game show mask (above)? Man, I'd LOVE to have one of these on my wall. 


I love old time paper masks. Some of the best ones came on the back of cereal boxes. 


This Halloween I'll try to make most of the masks I use. I might start with something a little like this (above).


 Wow! Everybody's had a teacher that looks like this (above). I love masks that make fun of ordinary, every day reality.


I'd sell my children into slavery to get a pair of rubber feet like this (above)! Er...if my kids are reading this...I'M JUST KIDDING! The buyer would have to throw in a game show mask to get me to consider it seriously.


Nice, very nice.



1 comment:

Dan Chambers said...

Eddie - that first mask reminds me of Kenneth Williams, a wonderful English actor who played buttoned-up types.
http://youtu.be/T7_IWWAlMJg?t=5m38s
Here he is on a chat show in 1974, and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEcoYFjonp4 that's him on Joan Rivers' show in 1986. He had the most amazing voice!