Thursday, May 29, 2014

MANLY WALL DECORATIONS

My own taste for framed wall pictures is for art, architecture, and aviation and space subjects, but lately I've been wondering if the walls of at least one room in the house should be devoted to sports, specifically manly sports.  Something rousing...you know, something to get the adreniline going. 


That's Max Baer. He was reputed to have killed two men in the ring. 


Maybe cartoons about manly sports is the way to go.


How about a framed picture of a race horse?  I can think of no subject better than the great Sea Biscuit. Look at his peculiar, out of scale hind legs. People used to say, "You can always tell which horse is Sea Biscuit. He's the one that doesn't look like a thoroughbred." 

On the other hand look at his front half. It's the aspect of a champion.


Above: Secretariat. Pictures that show that horse's famous neck muscles are highly prized.

Maybe a framed picture of a Royal Straight Flush.  Who knows? Maybe it'll give me luck. 

I like chess posters even though I seldom play the game. This one explains the strategy. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The first picture of Sea Biscuit to me would be the most manly to have as a wall decoration for me.

Will be going on a flight to Boston on Monday night on my own so I don't know if I'll still be able to post here that much for the week but I'm very excited about that. Haven't been up to New England in many years.

JohnK said...

You left out Kirk Douglas

Unknown said...

Hi Eddie!

Have you already been through your surgery? Looks like you made it through! Yaay!!!

Max Baer??? Might I assume that he was the father of Max Baer Jr. (see also ; Jethro Bodine~Beverly Hillbillies)

mike fontanelli said...

Max Baer gave birth to Jethro Bodine. That's my kinda guy.