Sunday, April 27, 2014

THE TEXAS AVERY AWARD

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, I just got busy. I do not return empty-handed, however. Here's a couple of pictures of the Texas Avery Award that John K just received at the Dallas International Film Festival. Nice, eh?


The award was the brainchild of Reel Fx and The Dallas Film Society. What do you think of it? I love it. It's nice and cartoony.


The Avery Award reminds me of my other favorite cartoon award design, The Reuben, presented every year by The National Cartoonists Society. That one was designed by ace cartoonist, Rube Goldberg.


2 comments:

ardy said...

Nice! I hope it's as heavy as it looks. Do you (or anyone reading this) know what it might be made out of? Looks like pewter to me, but I'm not too up on that sort of thing.

Nicholas John Pozega said...

John K is one of the greatest cartoonists alive, along with Ralph Bakshi and Oscar Grillo! He earned that award!