Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A LOVE POEM FOR LIP READERS



It's almost Valentine's Day!!!!!!!  Is your loved one hard of hearing? Maybe she'd appreciate a copy of the love poem I'm writing for the hearing impaired.  I'm not finished yet, but here's how it starts. See if you can guess what the poet (me) is saying. I'll give phonetic hints along the way, then print out the whole thing in ordinary script at the end.  


Okay, let's do this thing!


(Cough! Cough!)


Oops! Sorry about that.


Okay, here goes......


M...m...


iiiiiiiiiii


luuuuvvv


fur


yuuuuuuu


izzz


like


āā


tikled



thhhh



issss


llllllll..... There, I let that last "L" syllable just roll off my tongue.



The whole thing is "My-love-for-you-is-like-a-tickled-thistle." Tickled thistle...get it?...it's a repetition of the "th" sound. Us poets know about stuff like that. 


Notice that I left out harsh, explosive syllables...you know, stuff like....





"PATTERSON'S"





"POOCH!"


Don't ask me how I know to do that. It's a gift I was born with. 

3 comments:

Joshua Marchant said...

Harhar, looking great Eddie! The wide angle lens suits you, oddly.

However I have some bad news, mutual hero and TV giant Sid Caesar has merged with the infinite.

Unknown said...

Hilarious sir.

About that comment you posted the other day about what I had said about the Spumco book. At this point, I'm pretty neutral about that whole situation and dont feel it helps anyone in the animation industry to keep dwelling on such drama and back then, I had still been very disillusioned.

Stephen Worth said...

Integrity is being the same person everywhere you go.