Monday, October 01, 2012

SOME INTERESTING PHOTOS

Here's some interesting photos. I can't adequately describe why I like them, and that intrigues me. That means there's a part of me that I don't understand, a part that makes judgements and operates from a philosophy that I'm not consciously aware of. Geez, I wonder what that philosophy is?

In the case of the woman above, maybe what fascinates me is her confidence. She's living in the here and now. She's completely a creature of the present era, surrounded by magazines and gas burning taxis and wearing the colors du jour. She's made her peace with this epoch and is completely at home in it. Me, I live in the past and the future, so I'm out of sync. I envy her. 


Maybe I like this face (above) because it's so happy, in spite of the scowl. 'Just a human being delighting in her own senses and the pleasure of being with friends.


This (above) is an easy one to figure out. I like the fact that she's trying to figure something out, even though it looks like she might abandon the activity any minute. It's such a human thing to do. This would be a great way to start a live action film, with a close shot of the hero trying to fix something or figure it out. It would create instant sympathy with the character. 
  

Here (above) I'm really in uncharted territory. I haven't the faintest idea why I like this awkward photo. Maybe part of it is because it does such a good job of capturing a moment in time, even if that moment doesn't seem very important. 


I think I understand why I like this (above) picture. The little girl in the foreground is secretly unhappy even though the adults in the background seem to be enjoying themselves. Probably she was momentarily irritated by something, but I prefer to imagine that she's expressing her permanent dark side. 

I don't mean she's crazy or anti-social, just that the world doesn't measure up to the way she thinks it should be and it gets to her every once in a while. Pessimists are valuable people because their frustration with things being out of kilter leads them to roll up their sleeves and do it right. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

To me, some of these girls look like they're rolling their eyes in contempt, especially in the second to last photo and the one preceding it.

There's this channel called Me-TV that's been recently turned into a national network. They have this amazing schedule consisting of shows like The Honeymooners, Peter Gunn, and Mission Impossible. My current cable provider Comcast actually carries this channel, so I'll be watching really soon.

http://metvnetwork.com/

The Aardvark said...

The little girl looks like Charles Laughton.

She could do summer stock of "Witness for the Prosecution".