Wednesday, October 10, 2012

IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS

A hydra (above)!!!! What a great idea for a scary porch sculpture...something to scare the trick or treaters with. You could make the necks out of those flexible aluminum ducts they sell in hardware stores.


It's a shame to scare little kids...but the little rugrats seem to like it.


I'd love to do flaming pumpkin torches, but I'm scared that the house would burn down.


Paper masks used to be everywhere, especially on cereal boxes. What happened to them?


Above, nice...very nice!


Hmmmm, more hydra ideas from a Russian kids book. Geez, the Russians are good at this sort of thing.

'Love those Steinberg paper bag masks (above). I made a few one year and they were more complicated to make than they look. You have to alter the dimensions of the bag to make it look right.


Every year I seriously consider going to the local kindergartens and buying up their masks. Nowadays they're probably considered folk art and parents wouldn't let their kids sell them. I should have stocked up on them when my own kids were young.


 Above, some good pumpkin ideas. Joel Brinkerhoff, a Theory Corner man,  co-created my very favorite Halloween pumpkin picture. I've posted it before, but it bears repeating. I'll pull it from the archive.


Here's (above) part of my own mask collection. I keep 'em up all year.

*****************************


Incidentally....Happy Birthday Jim Smith!!!! Here's the card that John made!



1 comment:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

Nice collection of masks! Is that the imploding Oliver Hardy mask near the end?

Once I've filled an entire room of the house with happy, cute cartoon stuff, I should look into filling another room with Halloween stuff like this to offset it.