Tuesday, September 18, 2012

HALLOWEEN MASKS FOR 2012


I hate to start with a gripe, but where are the cool plastic masks (above) this year!!???? The ones above are from the late 90s. Geez, I miss affordable, collectible, funny Halloween masks like these!


How do you like the brand new one above? A bit too realistic in my opinion, but you have to admire the craftsmanship.. 


Here's an interesting crop of half masks (above). They're useful because you can wear them to parties without suffocating inside. I'm thinking that you might also use them to revitalize dried-out, full face shelf masks.


Is this (above) really a mask? I guess it could be could be if some holes were punched in it. 

Wow! A nice Conan O'Brien (above)! If I were Conan I'd have a whole wall of these in the living room all year 'round.


Ah, The Sea Hag (above)! I think this came out in 2010 but it's still on sale!


This (above), believe it or not, is Tony Blair. It doesn't look much like him, but it might make a great shelf head if it had the right kind of wig on it.


Holy Mackerel!!!!!! Imagine if this girl (above) came Trick or Treating at your door!!!!!!!!!! You'd give her your life savings wrapped up in the deed to your house!


7 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

Tony Blair? Really? I can't see it at all. That looks more like this charming gentleman http://bit.ly/T23Nfp

Unknown said...

Why do all the stores already have Halloween stuff on their shelves so early? I was at WalMart the other day and I saw a whole bunch of pumpkins in one of the aisles.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Bora: I finally used the link you sent on the comment to "My Personal Mythology" below. It was great! I wrote a longer response which is also on the Mythology comments page. Many thanks!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Joshua: Victor Mature!? Haw!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I think the poker lady could use a creepy mask.

Halloween is probably the most fun holiday.

In terms of modern costumes, I'm liking these South Park costumes at the bottom.
http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/southpark.html

Not only do kid characters look strange when stretched out into adult proportions, but they look even stranger when they lack a face to surround their bug eyes.

I found these Jughead and Archie masks, and now I kind of want to wear an Archie mask on a daily basis.
http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/archie-costumes.html

Frances said...

I don't know if it's just me, or it seems that people wearing masks during Masks actually scare me more than the costume itself.

The Aardvark said...

O'Brien looks like he stepped out of a "Spitting Image" programme.