Monday, August 13, 2012

FORREST GRIFFIN VS STEPHEN BONNAR


Okay. here's the greatest UFC fight I've ever seen...and I mean ever. If you haven't seen it then I envy you, because you have 20 minutes of pure bliss ahead. Expand the picture to full screen, get some popcorn, gather your friends around and experience one of the most memorable fights of the TV era.

These guys fought again, and that fight is also on YouTube. If you've seen it, don't tell me anything about it. I don't want to know. I can't bear the thought that another fight might erase my memory of this one. Yes, it's that good.

Enjoy.

BTW: I recommend seeing the entire video, including the biographical material at the start and the extended aftermath. The whole 37:17 is worth seeing.


2 comments:

Ted Blackman said...

Yeah, it was a hell of a fight, and so good that Dana White awarded them both six figure contracts when it was over.
I've been disappointed with Forrest ever since he lost his belt. He doesn't seem to be hungry anymore, and he's been acting increasingly odd after fights. What do you think of Roy 'Big Country' Nelson? He gives all us couch potato slobs a little hope.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

ted: Haw! Nelson is definitely fun to watch. I always expect him to loose because he's so thick and doesn't seem to be know much about technical fighting...but he keeps winning.