Tuesday, June 26, 2012

THE BEST WORKOUT MUSIC EVER?


Any fight fans here? If so, then you know that one of the delights of watching UFC (Ultimate Fighting) on Pay for View is the title music, "Face the Pain" by a band called Stem. They run it over a collage of fight highlights, which is assembled fresh for each show. It's usually pretty impressive.

I thought fans might like to hear the music in a format that includes the lyrics. I tried to find a sample on YouTube, but couldn't.... not one that had the right music and the right film on the same video. Oh well, here's (above) the next best thing: the music and lyrics accompanied by still photos that a fan put together. It's still pretty effective. It may be the best workout music ever. See what you think.




Just to round out the bill, here's a nifty boxing lesson (above) by striker,Michael Jai White. If you haven't seen this before it'll come as a revelation.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I don't ever watch those kind of fighting matches though my parents often watch them on Pay-Per-View, but that music really made me wanna workout and excercise. I think Madonna's "Ray of Light" is another great song you can listen to when working out and going on a nice jog.

Ted Blackman said...

Eddie, you ever watch the Ultimate Fighter series? That also has high-energy theme music, and I actually prefer it. Check out the fast percussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1MESrzWwiE

Ted Blackman said...

Can't wait for this Anderson Silva/Chael Sonnen dog fight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/anderson-silva-unleashes-promises-chael-070638631--mma.html

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Ted: Nice music! It sounds like a bunch of witches frantically sweeping.

Man, I've never seen Silva that angry. My prediction is that this fight will get the biggest ratings ever for a UFC fight.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Roberto: I could see working out to that.

For some reason I see the disco era as having some of the best workout music: songs from Flashdance, Saturday Night Fever, Gloria Gaynor, MC Hammer, etc.

I just listened to Chingon's "Malaguena Salerosa" on the Kill Bill soundtrack, and that qualifies.

pappy d said...

Maybe it was Eddie's comment, but Ted's theme music makes me think of curling.

Jeff said...

Here's what I listen to when I work out Eddie, haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKBSFKcav7w

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

In a comment to a post on seduction (March, 2011) Flirt wrote:

"On the other hand, if you do want to get good results with a specific woman, then you need to be able to work on that rapport before anything else. Do you think a woman will hook up with a guy she feels little to no rapport with? Probably not. So, work on that more than anything in the beginning."

Flirt: Thanks! That sounds right!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Jeff: I'd run to it!

Anonymous said...

I fucking hate the "Face the Pain" song or whatever it is.

JonathanN said...

Super video!!!I really enjoyed watching the video!!!