Saturday, October 29, 2011

MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME

Aaargh! These are horrible, horrible pictures, but I don't have time to redo them.  Boy, this has been one busy week! I still haven't put up any decorations, but my daughter volunteered to help me tomorrow if I get stuck. I can't believe we're doing this so late!


 As you can see, my costume is the Muskrat lodge uniform, and if you're an especially good observer you'll note that I'm wearing the Grand Master hat. That's new...I just got it!  The epaulets are made of paper. I couldn't find the old braided ones. I kinda like the way paper looks.


In real life the hat looks great, but in photos it makes me look like a Bolshevik.


Aaaaaarghhh!!!!! This picture (above) genuinely scares me! It's me, but it's a different me.  It's a glimpse into a parallel universe where I own a small motel in Ohio, and play poker with the boys once a week.

That's it for the costume but hey, if you live in LA, stop by Boney Island in North Hollywood this Saturday or Sunday night. Milt Grey says a couple of Simpsons artists put together a huge, free Halloween display that rivals anything you can find at Knott's Berry Farm or Disneyland. Maybe I'll see you there! Here's a site with all the info:

http://boneyisland.com/main.html

4 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
talkingtj said...

great choice for a costume! hilarious! happy halloween!

romans said...

It looks like a nice costume, distinguished, funny, not overly grotesque. I was always too grotesque, using masks, not good at parties.
Liked your mask posting--reminded me of the days when I designed and cast similar rubber masks.
The beatnik recitation a post before made me think--do you like Lord Buckley? You might have featured him already, seems a natural for you.

Jenny Lerew said...

The first photo especially reminded me of Hans Conreid in his full regalia in "5,000 Fingers of Dr. T". It could certainly do duty as both-maybe next year?

Happy Halloween Eddie!