Wednesday, October 05, 2011

HALLOWEEN 2011


Wow! Rubber skeletons are cheap this year! Better stock up!


I wonder if we'll see interesting plastic masks this year? 



I love witch faces with human realistic human detail. This one (above) looks like William Gainnes, the former publisher of Mad.



I love homemade masks, and some of my favorites (above) are made out of paper bags. The problem with bags is that they make a huge racket when you turn your head. 


Here's (above) some artsy paper bag masks (above) combined with cardboard bikini parts. This looks like it could be a B52s cover.


Niiiice! This would make a terrific mass market plaster Halloween sculpture. The site I got it from called it a Whitman death mask. You don't suppose they meant Walt Whitman? But he didn't look like this.


I wonder why nobody ever made a mask out of Anthony Perkins' mom (above) in "Psycho." Come to think of it, why are there no Hitchcock masks?


Man, that red mask (above) is great! You could paint your face like that, but it would be a lot of work.

Above, an angular kid costume.



This gangster costume (above) isn't bad, either. Wouldn't it be great to have a real, well-made suit like this (minus the mask)? You could wear it all year round.



Ha! NOW we're talking! THIS (above) is a Halloween costume...or if it isn't, it doesn't matter.


Hmmmm...or maybe it's this one (above). Geez...decisions, decisions!


I don't know what this is (above), but it's interesting.






I love "art" masks. Maybe these are just for decoration.


_________________________________________________ 

I'll end on a sad note: I just learned that Steve Jobs died. What a loss to us all! 




5 comments:

Joshua Marchant (Scrawnycartoons) said...

Are those two last masks supposed to be Picasso masks? That's the best!

Severin said...

Wish I had space in my apartment for some rubber skeletons. Maybe I should by them anyways and just let them hang around all year? Could get stressful... like having guests that never leave.

Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on Wynton Marsalis? I despise him and Stanley Crouch with every fiber of my being.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Anon: I haven't heard enough of Marsalis to judge his playing. The last time I saw him on TV he played a Baroue trumpet piece and it was great. Crouch I only know by reputation.

My guess is that you're a fan of the most abstract kind of bop, which these guys may not be much into. Sorry, I only like early bop, when it was funny and not intellectual.

Adam said...

I'm loving the mask next to the red one! Even if it does have the stock "kicked in the groin" expression.