Monday, May 30, 2011

SHORT WOMEN

Okay, it's time to discuss science. I'll begin by conceding that some girls (above) are bigger than their boyfriends...we've all seen a few couples like that. 


Most girls, however, are significantly shorter than their men. I mean a LOT shorter! Standing beside them is like standing next to a kid.  They're such tiny little things!


I grant you that women (above) are not without gifts...




...but the fact remains that we men could all have million dollar bills taped to the tops of our heads, and most women would never know it. It is we males that see over the world's fences, we that commune with the gods of the sky.


The result of this inequality of height is that women have become obsessed with appearing taller. By the millions they painfully walk on stilts (above) to buy a few extra inches.
  


 Women are always complaining that they can't find comfortable shoes, and no wonder...there is no such thing as a comfortable stilt. High heels can also cause serious damage to bones and muscles, but women wear them nevertheless...so great is their desire to look their boyfriends in the eye...or at least the chest. 


The desire to appear taller also affects the way they dress. They wear miniskirts because it makes them appear taller. That's fine by us men, but it really limits the way women can move.


It even effects their hair styles! They wear long, straight hair (above) to give them added verticals to fake height.


Have you ever wondered why women carry such big handbags? Part of the reason is that they have to carry a big old pair of sneakers with them. High heels hurt so much that they need to constantly switch shoes during the day. It must be a drag to carry those big bags around, but girls think the added height is worth it. 

All this is puzzling to a guy. I mean, women look better than we do, even when they're small...why  obsess over height? I don't know. Can anyone out there explain this?


BTW: Thanks to the brave soldiers, past and present, whose sacrifices made free expression in blogs like this one possible!



10 comments:

Steven M. said...

Women are just so touchy about themselves I find it annoying that they do these things.

JohnDoe123 said...

I can't really say WHY women wear heels, height is the only reason I can think of. You're right though, a lot of couples are made up of a very tall man and a much shorter woman. However, and I was just thinking this the other day (funny enough), that a lot of couples are the same size.

Looking at couples in the street a lot of them appear to be the same build, size and height (including my girlfriend and I). Not exactly of course, but very similar. It really interested me when I made that discovery to myself because I think maybe subconsciously we gravitate towards the same sort of genes.

Just an interesting idea I'd throw out there!

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day, Eddie, and an excellent post to start out the week. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how ridiculous some women can be when it comes to beauty and height. The opposite sex is always a mystery, and I imagine that's exactly how women feel about men and our brutish, arrogant, dumpy, testosterone-charged ways. There are just some things that we'll never understand about one another because we're biologically wired differently.

What about the women who obsess over their weight? Some of them have even been diagnosed as having either anorexia or bulimia. Now that's obsession taken to the extreme right there.

C said...

There is a lot of pressure with weight and body issues out there. It's really too complicated to even try to explain (unless there's anyone who is a hell of a lot better at it than me), but it's out there and not something that should be dismissed.

That being said, some women just like high heels. The first woman is wearing them, and she looks like she's already tall. Since I missed the grace gene that women are stereotyped to have, I avoid them. I'd look like a zombie giraffe otherwise, at least when I'm not crashing into stuff. Maybe a more knowledgeable woman can weigh in on this.

Also, if we're going this route, I want men to explain to me why they wear their pants down to their knees.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

C; Haw! Why do men wear pants that are down around their knees? I wish I knew.

Adam Tavares said...

I didn't think high heels were for height. I thought they wore them because they change women's posture in sexy ways. One it makes their calves and quads flex so they have toned looking legs.. Two it makes their feet appear smaller. Three it shoves their butt up in the air and puts that curve in their backs that makes them stick their chest out.

Men like women chests, butts, and legs, and high heels put them on display.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Adam: True enough, but that's not the end of the story. Thumb through womens magazines and you'll see how frequently height enhancement is mentioned.

Nicholas John Pozega said...

Heh, i'd have a hard time making anything beyond a conservative "cute" girl drawing. I would certainly not go into the territory of something as raunchy as Betty Boop, the girl from Red Hot Riding Hood or So White from Coal Black.

One of the all-time favorite girl designs would have to be that girl chicken from Tex Avery's "The Hick Chick"--very, very well balanced design, probably done by Ed Benedict, but i'm not sure. It ranks high on my list of favorite designs--probably one of my favorite designs of all time would have to be the original design of Woody Woodpecker. By the way Eddie, do you think Woody's original design was formless, like lumps of clay slapped together, but was still appealing regardless?

Anyway, I have no interest in seeking a love life, but if i did, i'd probably go for the thin and skinny types.

Unknown said...

do you have a post on tall women?

Anonymous said...

Wow!amazing!