Monday, May 23, 2011

MY ZOMBIE DREAM (PART 2)

IN THE HOTEL LOBBY: three old ladies, an old doctor, and a rude man.


RUDE MAN: "Hey, Bud! If we're not inconveniencing you, you might consider closing the door behind you."

DREAMER (VO): "Oh, Sorry!"

DREAMER (VO); "I ran back to the door and closed it, just in time to prevent one of the outsiders from getting in. He just looked though the glass and stared, as if he was in a trance."


DOCTOR: "He won't come in. The ones who look like that don't know how a door works."


DREAMER: "Don't count on it. Outside I saw somebody inside letting them in."


DREAMER: "They were climbing in the windows, too. They're probably all over the building now."


As if to punctuate what the dreamer said, the old ladies and rude man are sucked kicking and screaming through the window.





The doctor gasps in horror.

DOCTOR: "You say they're inside, too!!?? Are you sure!?

DREAMER(VO): "I told you, I saw them!"

DOCTOR: "Well, that's it then, isn't it?"

DOCTOR (VO): "I invite you to take some tea with me. I'll put a little something extra in it, and we'll both take a nice, long nap.''


DREAMER: "A long....!? You mean...no, you can't mean that! Life is a precious gift. You don't throw it away like that!"



DOCTOR: "No..... no, of course not. Well, I'll be going up to my room now."

He gathers up his tea cup.


DOCTOR: "Good luck, young man!"

All alone in the dark, and with the sound of the front door being pried open, I lost it.


DREAMER: "No, wait a minute! Wait for me!"


DREAMER: "WAIT! WAIT! Don't leave me here alone! Where are you? Where are you!!????


At the top of the stairs was a corridor with all windows open. There's no place else he could have gone. He must have...


Out on the ledge there was no sign of the doctor. 


I knew I couldn't go back in. 



5 comments:

Steven M. said...

This would make an excellent cartoon!

Anonymous said...

That was scary and awesome at the same time. You must have a great long-term memory to remember stuff this vividly!

BlakeJ said...

Nice job, Eddie! Isn't it fascinating how we remember some dreams so vividly, and other times the recollection of it is just beyond our grasp?

It's also interesting in how abstract they can be, but they seem to somehow hold a profound meaning.

malbowbee said...

What do you think of the French Avant-Guard films of the 20s that went for the overt dream imagery? People can think of them as experiments, but I think they're some of the most effective stimulating images I've seen on film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNYhgcV3o-E

It's amazing, the eye recognizes the objects, and again, just real stimulating. When I see the nails flicker on the screen, I look down to see if there's a pile on my lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tknpfywKg

This one has more Freudian themes, actors move in slow motion, all sorts of strange images which is how I remember dreams. neat.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Malbowbee: Haw! Thanks for the links! I can't say I liked the films in their entirety, but they contained some interesting shots. I think parts of Disney's "Three Caballeros" were influenced by experimental shorts.

Blake: Once I was accidwntally woken up at the exact moment that my conscious thoughts made the transition to a dream. I remember the whole transition. I blogged about it a long time ago, but I might do a photo story on it sometime.