Monday, May 23, 2011

MY ZOMBIE DREAM (PART!)

Here's a dream about zombies that I had years ago, and still remember vividly. It was hard to find pictures for this, so I had to change some details, but the overall story is the same...well, sort of.

DREAMER (VO): "I dreamed I was hitchhiking and got picked up by a convertible.  


DREAMER (VO): "I turned to thank the guy who picked me up, but he wouldn't talk, or even acknowledge my presence. He just stared straight ahead while driving."


DREAMER (VO): " 'That's odd,' I thought."

DREAMER (VO): "I watched some of the other drivers as we passed them. They had the same glassy stare. 'What gives?', I thought."

DREAMER (VO): "One of the cars was driven by kids...." 


DREAMER (VO): "...Even they stared straight ahead, just like everybody else."


DREAMER (VO): "I couldn't believe my eyes. I turned away for just a moment, and when I looked back..."


DREAMER (VO): ".....the car was gone! No, wait a minute, it was there, but several feet above the ground, traveling alongside my car. What the....?"


DREAMER (VO): "Downtown the situation was even worse. People were out on the street like normal, but there was something odd about them, something I couldn't put my finger on."


DREAMER (VO): "Then I realized what it was...they were all walking in slow motion! It was subtle...you had to look hard to see it, but it was real. It was like watching a film slowed down.
And there was also a pervading feeling of malevolence, as if something was deeply, deeply wrong, and getting worse every minute. "


DREAMER (VO): "The car stopped and somehow I knew that if I stayed there something horrible would happen, so I got out and ran." 


DREAMER (VO): "But where to go?"


DREAMER (VO): "The rooftops were filled with people who looked like they were waiting for something."


DREAMER (VO): "It didn't take long to see what it was.  A giant airship churning out industrial sounds loomed overhead. It sucked the roof people up into itself, then spit them back onto the ground, where they scurried away like spiders."

  
DREAMER (VO): "Finally I found a rundown hotel tucked away in the shadows."



DREAMER (VO): "I was too tired to run any more so I ducked inside."



THE STORY CONTINUES IN PART II, BELOW.

2 comments:

Steven M. said...

I love your story-telling. Eddie.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Steven: Thanks! I had trouble with this one. I couldn't find the right pictures!