Saturday, June 12, 2010

I GET MY COMEUPPANCE


This is for all the Theory Corner people who were mad at me for making pictures collide with the right sidebar. I can't promise to fix that right away...I just think it's funny...but readers deserve some satisfaction for all the suffering they've endured. For those readers I offer this picture (above) of me getting my just comeuppance.




As long as I'm in a confessional mood, I'll admit that I went out of my way to find pictures of busy subjects with the intention of buggering up the sidebar even more than I normally do.  I looked for pictures of messed-up hair, tangled wire, and spaghetti.




















Why? Why do I have this irresistible urge to mess up my beautiful sidebar?  I don't know. It's one for the psychologists, I guess. I'll just offer my chin for one more chastisement then go back to my hole under the gnarled oak tree and nurse my wounds with the water beetles.



 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't mind the pictures colliding with the sidebar, quite frankly. Don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't even notice until now. Haha.

Steven M. said...

I'm ok with it.

Brubaker said...

I don't know what browser other readers use (I use Firefox), but yeah, it does make the text hard to read. Sometimes I have to copy & paste the text onto a word processor just to read it.

Hope you can get it straight soon, tho!

Stephen Worth said...

"Clean up your room!" =Mom

Jorge Garrido said...

The opening picture and the blog title made me laugh LOUDLY for ten minutes. Oh, man!

I thought this was about your friend who asked you for help in Photoshop from the last post. But that's a damn funny picture. It looks like a screenshot from the Ren & Stimpy "Man's Best Friend" episode.

When I was first learning Photoshop, the best site I knew for learning it was called "1001 Photoshop Tutorials," but that seems to be closed down now. Shame. But there's lot of other sites like that.

pappy d said...

Haw!
Those flying spit-bubbles are the crowning touch!

(If it makes you feel better, I found the sidebar collisions very confusing & disorienting as you, no doubt, intended.)

Severin said...

Haha, that's what you get for doing whatever you want on your own website!

Have any further ideas come out of the sidebar collisions?

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Severin: No more sidebar ideas yet, but late tonight I'll write up the story I came up with for "Feel My Fangs on Your Spacehelmet."

Adam McMahon said...

Ah, sweet, sweet catharsis. It's strange, I never considered myself a violent man, but this does seem to quell the mounting frustration from the difficulty in reading one of my favorite blogs.

I'm with Brubaker, it is the text being hidden behind a picture that becomes irritating. The overlapping pictures aren't usually an issue.

mike fontanelli said...

Serves you right! (Not for the blog. Just on general principles...)

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Mike: But, but.....