Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SORRY!

Sorry about the Shakespeare rant! I admit that I'm way too sensitive about this subject, and I sincerely apologize. Most Theory Corner people are artists or people who are interested in art. Of course they save their most intense passion for other artists, or for people in fields related to art, like film or music. That's perfectly natural and I was a jerk for making people feel guilty about it.

I still like this play, especially this version of it, but if I ever talk about it again I hope it's in the role of a friend sharing, rather than whatever I was here.

I'll be gone for a couple of days to take care of business but I'll be back before most people know I was away!

5 comments:

Vincent Waller said...

We'll be here waiting.

Lester Hunt said...

Eddie, It sounds like you have found enlightenment. I'm glad! Good luck on the job you're doing. The fun will resume with your return!

Anonymous said...

It isn't a problem, Eddie; we all have our thoughts to share, and I'm always interested to hear yours.

Unfortunately, Julius Caesar didn't translate well onto film: with Joseph L. Mankiewicz's 1953 Julius Caesar, you end up with a static, talky movie-despite Marlon Brando as Mark Anthony, James Mason as Brutus, and John Gielgud as Cassius.

There was also that Jason Robards 1970's version, but more we forget.

BTW, I would recommend Orson Welles' Macbeth (1949), with himself in the title role. Filmed in bizarre interiors, the original version had the actors speaking with authentic Scottish accents.

Oh, and have you seen Roman Polanski's 1971 interpretation of Macbeth? It is a gripping, extremely-violent re-creation of Macbeth's ever lust for power, driven by his crazed wife. Highly recommend.


And confidentially folks, Eddie is actually a member of the Green Lantern Corps; on weekends, he takes his refuge HIGH ABOVE the earth's surface, his self-made Emerald City, twinkling in the night sky like a Verdant Star.

There, he commands a lonely throne, ever vigilant, ever waiting for signs of threats extraterrestrial.

He waits still.

From an inspiring animator/ artist

pappy d said...

I actually felt shame for NOT talking out my ass.

Unknown said...

But rants are funny. Apologies are just sort of sad. Shakespeare rants are the funniest of all. Don't let the other kids bully you, Eddie! Go watch your own bullying video maybe.